Protection against exterior noise
- Road traffic noise rehabilitation
Noise is by definition a subjective sensation and perceived differently from person to person.
Noise can be unpleasent, disturbing and/or harmful to the affected people
An estimated 30% of the population in Switzerland are exposed to excessive noise levels.
Protectin against noise in Switzerland is mainly controlled by the Noise Protection Regulation (LSV) and the SIA standard 181.
- Construction site noise
- Exterior noise, caused by traffic (roads, railways, aircraft), industry and craft, as well as shooting ranges,
- Noise within buildings, transmitted as airborne or structure-borne noise (footfall). This type of noise is discussed in our section sound insulation in buildings.
PPLUS offers the following services in the field of noise protection against external noise:
- calculations and measurements of acoustic emissions (road traffic noise, railway noise, industrial noise and noise from shooting ranges),
- simulations of noise propagation (roads, railways, shooting ranges, industries),
- measurements of external noise,
- noise cadasters,
- acoustic studies for building applications,
- dimension of noise protection measures,
- construction management of noise protection measures,
- monitoring of construction sites to survey the construction site noise.