After a guess of the Federal Environmental Office are more than 70'000 people Switzerland daily exposed to excessive railway noise levels. The Main cause is the overnight transit of freight trains.
The Environmental Protection Law (USG) and the Regulation on Noise Protection (LSV) are in force since 1987.:
- school nearby railway lines
- as for the roads, they obligate the railway owners to rehabilitate the trajectories which are generating excessive noise levels,
- they also define the threshold values for new construction project close to railway lines,
The Federal Law on Railway Noise rehabilitation is in force since october 1, 2000. PPLUS offers the following services:
- maeasurement and calulation of noise assessment levels of railway noise,
- modelisation of noise propagation,
- dimension of noise protection measures and compilation of maintenance dossiers,
- cost assessment,
- execution projects, advertisements, construction management,
- acoustic insulation of buildings (change of windows): planning and construction management.